Dynamic Nitrogen Adsorption Specific Surface Area Analyzer (DX-01)
- Range of P/P0 0.3
- Range of Testing Specific Surface Area >0.01m2/g
- Repeatability ±1%
- Efficiency 5min
Single-/Multipoint BET measurements
Four Parallel Operating Analysis Stations
Dynamic Adsorption Measurements
Automatic Determination of Equilibrium
- Surface DX-01 is a fully automated gas sorption analyzer with four parallel operating analysis stations for rapid specific surface area determination. The analyzer operates without a vacuum system but works with the dynamic principle (flow method). Reference measurements can be carried out reliably and in very short times suitable for production and quality control. Use of reference comparison methods keeps the detection time of adsorption peaks extremely short.
- Patent of Invention
- Experimental report comes from the detection of adsorption peaks. Using this method could avoid test deviation caused by the incomplete desorption of samples. It’s suitable for measurements of low surface area materials, such as ternary materials, positive electrode, and negative electrode (Patent No. 20140320453.2.)
- Adsorption Peak
- Adsorption peak looks sharp, no trailing phenomenon, the change of nitrogen concentration caused by each sample adsorption is not diluted at all; the sensitivity of the sample test is greatly improved. The test efficiency is greatly improved under the condition of sufficient adsorption and the comparative test of four samples in one time only needs about 25 minutes.
- Nitrogen Partial Pressure Automatic (only for BET Analyzer)
- Using a 70ml/min and 30ml/min precision mass flow controllers to automatically adjust the partial pressure of nitrogen in BET surface area test.
The stability and accuracy of the flow of gas passing through the sample surface could be ensured. (Patent No. 2517307)
- JWGB Sample Preparation Device
- It’s optional. External sample preparation device with four-degas stations can remove adsorbed contaminants from surface and pores of samples with heating in flowing gas/vacuum. Temperature can be set and controlled from ambient to 400 oC.
- Low Form Dewar flask
- Long-life and high volume (1L) Dewar flasks assure a constant thermal profile along the length of sample tubes during experiment.
- Anti-pollution Technique
- A built-in anti-pollution unit is used to Prevents samples from being blown into the instrument pipeline, ensuring cleanliness of instrument.
- Calibration System
- Using electromagnetic valve to automatically control calibration system which is advanced and broken the traditional six-line valve control limitations. (Patent No. 2508179)
- Analysis Station
- All analysis ports (4) can be controlled individually achieving high efficiency and ensuring the parallelism of test results. The repeatability of test results is better than ± 1.0%.
- Convenient Operation and User-friendly Design
- Operation of JWGB Surface D Series:
Adsorption process is dynamically displayed on test interface. It’s easy to monitor the flow of nitrogen and helium real time which is convenient to learn about whole process.
External sample preparation devices equip miniature vacuum pump and heating furnace; ambient temperature of furnace is in the range of 400±1oC. Transferring sample after degassing from furnace to analyzer, users can start test.
- Specific examples
- Test of small specific surface area samples with dynamic method
- Specific surface area of electrode materials with dynamic method
Feature Surface DX Surface DA
Test principle Low temperature nitrogen adsorption, dynamic method
Distinction Adventurous adsorption technique Traditional desorption technique
Recording adsorption data, same as static volumetric method. Separate analysis stations are suitable for testing sample with low surface area (< 10 m2/g). Recording desorption data, analysis stations are not mutual independence but parallel. It is not suitable for accurately measure sample with low surface area (less than 10 m2/g) illustrated by gentle peak.
Test Method Reference method; Reference method;
Single point BET; Multi-point BET.
Adsorbate and Carrier Gas High purity nitrogen (99.999%);
High purity helium (99.999%).
Range of P/P0 0.3 (Reference method)
Range of BET Surface Area 0.01 m2/g to the infinity; (It is not suitable for detecting micropore materials).
Repeatability Typically better than ±1.0% (carbon black) Typically better than ±1.5% (carbon black)
Analysis Stations 4 4
Efficiency 5 min per sample (reference method);
25 min per sample (multi-point BET) 9 min per sample (reference method);
30 min per sample (multi-point BET)
Overall Dimension Depth: 610 mm; Width: 460 mm; Height: 680 mm; Weight: 48 kg.
Ambient Temperature 15-40 oC
Relative Humidity 30%-60%
Electrical Supply AC220V±20V, 50-60 Hz, maximum power300 W;