eQCM-I Mini Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Impedance Measurement and Dissipation (QCM-D)
The resonant frequency and the bandwidth of the resonant conductance curve are determined. The bandwidth or full width at half maximum, (FWHM) is direct correlation with the quality factor (Q) which is by definition the inverse of the well known dissipation (D).
eQCM-I Mini Features:
- Both the frequency and the quality of resonance (FWHM or bandwidth or dissipation) are measured
- Different harmonics (up to the 13th overtone at 5MHz crystals) can be quickly and sequentially measured
- Temperature control from 4°C to 80°C (± 0,02 °C) is included
- EC measurement module is optionally available with ITO-QCM sensors
- Modular sensor holder up to 4 measuring channels
- External PC with Windows® 10; communication with QCM-I via USB
The software performs full control of the eQCM-I Mini Instrument. Two measurement modes are available:
- Resonance: Measurement of resonance curve and calculation of the resonance frequency & FWHM up to 70 MHz
- QCM-t: Continuous measurement of the resonance parameters and the temperature of the flow-cell.
Calculation: Various eQCM and ad-layer parameters can be calculated using standard or custom made models. All these parameters can be displayed on the screen, printed, saved or can be exported for further evaluation.
- eQCM unit with two channels (one channel is temperature controlled)
- Microsoft® Surface Pro Tablet with Windows® 10 Pro
- QSH-104 QCM Sensor Holder (flow through type)
- QSHE-104 QCM Sensor Holder (flow through type) with "leak free" Ag/AgCl reference electrode
- BioSense EC 3.xx Software (one user license)
*Potentiostat Not Included
|Measuring Principle||The QCM-I Mini unit is a high sensitivity mass sensor which measures
the change in frequency of a quartz crystal resonator and
as a label free biosensor it measures the “wet mass” of the
adsorbed layer in processes occurring at or near the sensor
surface. The measuring principle is based on impedance analysis
of the quartz crystal. The resonant frequency (fres) and the
bandwidth of the resonant conductance curve are determined.
The bandwidth or full width at half maximum (FWHM) is in direct
correlation with the quality factor (Q) which is by definition
the inverse of the well known dissipation (D).
1st : Temperature controlled
2nd : Connection for a variety of external sensor-holder modules
|Frequency Range||1-80 MHz,up to the 13th overtone for a 5 MHz Crystal|
Sensitivity in Liquid
|≤ 2 x 10-1 Hz|
|≤ 1 x 10-7|
|Mass Sensitivity in Liquid *||≤ 1 ng/ cm-1|
for each Overtone
|Resonance Curve, Frequency, ΔFrequency, FWHM, ΔFWHM, Q,
Dissipation, ΔDissipation, Temperature, etc.
|Working Temperature||15 oC to 65 oC|
|Temperature Stability||± 0.02 oC|
|Temperature control||Set manually or via software|
Fluidic and Sample
|Flow Cell Volume||~ 40 μl (typical with Ø14 mm crystals)|
|Wetted Parts||PTFE, PEEK, SS, VITON (or Kalrez )|
|Sample Loading||Customer Supplied or Integrated Options|
|Pump||Customer Supplied, Syringe Pump or Integrated Peristaltic Options|
|Other Sample Cell Options||Electrochemical flow-cell, Open Cuvette, Immersion, Vacuum,
High-pressure, Remote Low-profile, Ellipsometry, Microscopy,
|Dimensions, weight||180 mm x 175 mm x 68mm, 1.35 Kg|
|BioSense||Universal software platform for QCM & EC measurements|
|Import / Export of data||Export to third party software Excel, JPG, BPM, WMF etc.|
|PC Control||USB 2.0, Windows® 10|
|Power Supply||12VDC power supply with universal input voltage
( 100V-240V AC / 50-60 Hz )
* The Sauerbrey relation is assumed to be valid.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.