Interface 1010 E
- Max Applied Current - ±1 A
- Maximum Applied Potential - ±12 V
- EIS 10 μHz - 2 MHz
Product Category: Potentiostats
Interface 1010E Potentiostat
If you're looking for a full-featured potentiostat capable of performing all techniques, including electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, for applications such as physical electrochemistry, electrochemical corrosion, battery testing, fuel cell testing, dye solar cell testing, and sensor development, then the Interface 1010E is the right potentiostat for you.
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
Gamry provides Accuracy Contour Plots for every one of our potentisotats that is EIS-capable. The accuracy contour plot provides a detailed look at the performance you can expect from your potentiostat in real-world situations. The results include the cell cable. Accuracy contour plots are important because they let you compare the performance of potentiostats from different manufacturers to ensure you are getting the best possible measurement.
The Interface 1010E potentiostat can be configured as a single-channel potentiostat, bipotentiostat, or multichannel-potentiostat. Gamry provides you with the flexibility you need to get more done.
Need less capabilities? See the Interface 1010B
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the Interface 1010E potentiostat. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the potentiostat to run.
- Physical Electrochemistry - Techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, and chronopotentiometry and derivatives of these techniques.
- Pulse Voltammetry - Techniques such as pulse voltammetry, square wave voltammetry, and associated stripping techniques such as anodic stripping voltammetry.
- DC Corrosion - Run standard DC corrosion tests such as polarization resistance, potentiodynamic, cyclic polarization, and galvanic corrosion in addition to a number of others.
- Electrochemical Energy - Test single-cells and stacks of various batteries, fuel cells or supercapacitors. Includes charge, discharge, cyclic charge-discharge techniques, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, self-discharge, leakage rate, and read cell voltage.
- Electrochemical Signal Analyzer - Designed specifically for the acquisition and analysis of time-dependent electrochemical noise signals. Cell voltage and current are continuously monitored at rates from 0.1 Hz to 1 kHz. A full featured set of analysis tools provides powerful analysis features such as statistical analysis, detrending, impedance spectra, and histogram analysis.
- Electrochemical Frequency Modulation - A non-destructive corrosion rate measurement technique. It allows for measurement of the corrosion rate without prior knowledge of the Tafel constants. In addition, the technique determines the Tafel constants and provides 2 internal validity checks.
- Critical Pitting Temperature - controls a Gamry Potentiostat, TDC4 Temperature Controller, and associated accessories to automatically measure the Critical Pitting Temperature of a material.
- Electrochemical Noise - A more general form of electrochemical noise testing. It is also an ECM8 Multiplexer compatible electrochemical noise software package.
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy - includes experimental scripts for potentiostatic, galvanostatic and hybrid impedance spectroscopy experiments in addition to single frequency techniques like Mott-Schottky. We also have our unique power-leveling multisine technique that improves signal-to-noise across the spectrum. On the analysis side, it provides tools for fitting spectra to equivalent circuit models, Kramers-Kronig transform for data validation and a graphical model editor. Our software even includes a script for EIS simulation.
- eChemDC Toolkit - contains all of the capabilities of the eChemBasic and further extends these capabilities by adding advanced signals and data acquisition modes to simplify implementing experiments like cyclic voltammetry, pulse voltammetry, and dynamic DC corrosion techniques. Also includes more advanced stop tests, particularly useful in fast experiments.
- eChemAC - Includes full capabilities of eChemDC Toolkit plus allows electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) and EFM experiments.
- 2, 3, and 4 electrode measurements
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Size of a chemistry textbook, weighing only 3 kgs (6.6 lbs). Easy USB 2.0 connection to a Windows computer.
- Built-In EIS
- On-board DDS to perform EIS from 10 µHz to 2 MHz.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt iR Compensation
- Gamry potentiostats and their controlling software use control loop algorithms to accurately measure and correct for uncompensated resistance.
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, and digital I/O connector.
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
|Zero Resistance Ammeter||Yes|
|Floating (Isolated from Earth Ground)||Yes|
|Cell Connections||2, 3, or 4|
|Maximum Current||±1 A|
|Current Ranges||9 (10 nA - 1 A)|
(including internal gain)
|Minimum Current Resolution||3.3 fA|
|Maximum Applied Potential||±12 V|
|Rise Time||<1 μs|
|Minimum Time Base||10 μs|
|Noise and Ripple||<20 μV rms|
|Dimensions||24 (W) x 6 (H) x 27 (D)|
|Compliance Voltage||±20 V (@ 1A)|
|Output Current||>±1 A|
|Unity Gain Bandwidth||980, 260, 40, 4, 0.4 kHz|
|EIS||10 μHz - 2 MHz|
|EIS Accuracy||See Accuracy
|AC Amplitude||2.33 V maximum
17.8 μV minimum
|Input Impedance||>1012 Ω|
|Input Current (typical)||<20 pA|
|CMRR||>80 dB (10 kHz)
>60 dB (1 MHz)
|Applied Accuracy||±1 mV ±0.2% of setting|
|Applied Resolution||200 μV, 50 μV, 12.5 μV/bit|
|Measured Accuracy||±1 mV ±0.3% of reading|
|Measured Resolution||1 μV, 10 μV, 100 μV, 400 μV/bit|
|Applied Accuracy||±5 pA ±0.3% of range|
|Applied Resolution||0.0033% full-scale/bit|
|Measured Accuracy||±5 pA ±0.3% of range|
|Measured Resolution||0.0033% full-scale/bit|
|Bandwidth||>10 MHz (1A - 100 μA)
>1.5 MHz (10 μA)
>0.15 MHz (1 μA)
Good and reliable machine for Nickel test
Organization: optoplast Manufacturing Co Ltd
Application Area: EIS for coating test Nickel release test
"The product is user friendly and gives good quality results."
I get good results with this machine
Organization: University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Application Area: Oxidative reduction reaction measurements
"I love the Gamry instrument because it is easy to use but I cannot figure out how to connect it with the pine research instrument as in my lab"
Organization: Kansas State University
Application Area: Electrochemistry materials
"Easy to use, tutorials very helpful, and high quality data"
Great results, excellent service
Organization: western michigan university
Application Area: Lithium batteries
"Compared with its price, this equipment has very high value with necessary functions. It is easy to install and use it. however, I hope that EIS data should also included in the data bank."
Awesome, can't work without this instrument.
Application Area: PEM fuel cell
"The automation of this product is very high, it is easy to use, simple to operate, and accurate measurement. The product has stable performance, good reproducible, convenient installation and easy to carry."
In general, good results and functionality.
Application Area: Corrosion testing of materials for bachelor degree and postgraduate students.
"The service of the interface is good for us, we obtained good results in time, and we can working with different kind of samples, like materials and size."
This instrument has dramatically improved how we do R&D in corrosion testing
Application Area: Corrosion inhibition testing
"The Gamry Interface 1000E Potentiostat has changed the way we do R&D in the area of corrosion testing. Decreased timescales, increased productivity, more intuitive studies and a wider portfolio of services to our customers. The instrument and software are easy to use and the training and advice/support from the distributor high quality."
Easy to use instrument that more than meets my needs
Application Area: EIS testing of organic coatings
"While it is not the ideal choice in the Gamry lineup for the application, it seems to be performing well. I have very limited experience in this type of testing and the Interface and software make it fairly easy to perform. I have not needed much support yet"
Great instruments! My research relies on Gamry potentiostat!
Application Area: Electrocatalysis
"I am a faculty member in a public research university. The Gamry potentiostat I purchased is fantastic! It is easy to start and operate, and the results we obtained using Gamry potentiostat is of better quality than other potentiostats. We also called Gamry technical support for some help. The communication is very effective and helpful, providing us information about some new functions and capabilities of the instrument. Overall, I really like the Gamry instrument I purchased and it is one of the greatest tools for my scientific research."
Great product with great results. Thanks to Gamry.
Application Area: Analyze ionic conductivity of glasses and ceramics
"It is really nice instrument with easy use. Results are reproducible as long as environment and conditions of the sample keep constant."
Very rugged instrument have not had any problems since it was installed.
Application Area: Coating analysis
"Does a great job of doing the analysis that we need done in the lab."
Great to use this instrument
Application Area: Electrochemical sensing and kinetic study applications
"It is very compact thus require little space and has user friendly interface."
Very reliable and accurate results for my application
Application Area: Analysis of analyte (substrate) and sensor interaction for the development of biosensors
"The system has great features for EIS measurement, user friendly operation and precise measurement which is adding positive impact on my research and its quality. "
I am glad of having this equipment to perform Electrochemistry and Corrosion studies
Application Area: Electrochemistry and Corrosion Studies
"This equipment is reliable to study the electrochemical properties of metallic materials, the software is friendly and you will not have troubles to compare the data due to and interface included with the purchase. "
Very happy with this instrument!
Application Area: Analysis of materials for solar fuels
"The potentiostat is easy to use and the software is very user-friendly. The choice of experimental methods is ideal for the types of measurements my research requires."
Great equipment for corrosion
Application Area: corrosion, electochemistry
"Excellent results, easy to use, reproducible results "
too early to judge, but seems to be good
Application Area: solid oxide fuel cells and corrosion
"The sales people are the highlight of this product. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff "
the best part is the that the instrument is really portable, much better than the old reference 600 I had used before.
Application Area: OCP, LPR, EIS,PDP
"I can easily install the software and calibrate the instrument according to the menu. Dan and Chris are so helpful and patient to answer all my questions. This instrument definitely highlights the value for money since it has all the functions for less than $10k. "
Lightweight and supply great results!
Application Area: Fundamental electrochemical and spectro-electrochemical characterization for energy applications
"The potentiostat and software are easy to use, it is lightweight and therefore portable in the lab. The results are reproducible and the data is easy to handle and analyze with the analyst software feature."
Worth the money.
Organization: Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Research Center for Natural Sciences, Institute of Materials and Environmental Chemistry
Application Area: In connection with EQCM, electrochemistry, EC sensors
"Very compact, mobile, easy to use, stable, instrument"