OWLS QCM 3000 Biosensor System
- “DRY” and “WET” Mass Measurement
- Same ITO Sensor Surface for EC-OWLS and EC-QCM Measurement
- Integrated, Advanced and Easy-to-Use Software for All Three Types of Measurements
QCM (Quartz Crystal Microbalance)The QCM measuring unit is a high sensitivity mass sensor which measures the change in frequency of a quartz crystal resonator and as a label free biosensor it measures the “wet mass” of the adsorbed layer in processes occurring at or near the sensor surface. The measuring principle is based on impedance analysis of the quartz crystal. The resonant frequency and the bandwidth of the resonant conductance curve are determined. The bandwidth or full width at half maximum, ( FWHM ) is direct correlation with the quality factor ( Q ) which is by definition the inverse of the well known dissipation ( D ) Main features:
- Both the frequency and the quality of resonance (or bandwidth or dissipation) are measured
- Different harmonics (up to the 13 measured) can be quickly and sequentially be measured
- Temperature control from 20°C to 80°C is included.
OWLS™The OWLS measuring unit is a high sensitivity (~1ng/cm2 ), real-time, label free optical biosensor system, which measures the “dry mass” of the adsorbed layer. Chemical and bio-chemical interactions can be followed and quantified in real time, thus revealing the specificity, the dynamics and the strength of the reaction and/or the binding. Temperature control included.