QCM-I Quartz Crystal Microbalanace With Impedance Measurement
- Both the frequency and the quality of resonance (FWHM or bandwidth or dissipation) are measured
- Different harmonics (up to the 13th overtone at 5MHz crystals) can be quickly and sequentially measured
- Temperature control from 20°C to 80°C (± 0,05 °C) is included
- EC measurement module is optionally available with ITO-QCM sensors
- Modular sensor holder up to 4 measuring channels
- External PC with Windows® 7; communication with QCM-I via USB
- Resonance: Measurement of resonance curve and calculation of the resonance frequency & FWHM up to 70 MHz
- QCM-t: Continuous measurement of the resonance parameters and the temperature of the flow-cell.
Product Category: Quartz Crystal Microbalance
|Measuring Principle||The QCM-I unit is a high sensitivity mass sensor which measures
the change in frequency of a quartz crystal resonator and
as a label free biosensor it measures the “wet mass” of the
adsorbed layer in processes occurring at or near the sensor
surface. The measuring principle is based on impedance analysis
of the quartz crystal. The resonant frequency (fres) and the
bandwidth of the resonant conductance curve are determined.
The bandwidth or full width at half maximum (FWHM) is in direct
correlation with the quality factor (Q) which is by definition
the inverse of the well known dissipation (D).
|Frequency Range||1-80 MHz,up to the 13th overtone for a 5 MHz Crystal|
|Working Temperature||4° C to 80° C, controlled manually or via software,
stability ± 0.02° C
|Sample Loading||Sample injection with external syringe or peristaltic pump unit
controlled manually or by BioSense software, and Rheodyne
Model 9725 manual injector valve, or Rheodyne MX series
semiautomatic switching valve.
Optional external Auto sampler unit is available
|Flow Cell Volume||~ 40 µl (typical with Ø14 mm crystals)|
|Typical Flow Rates||0.01µl/min - 35ml/min with external syringe pump,
Syringe size 1-60 ml
|Sample Volume||1 to 2000 µl (depends on installed loop volume)|
|Wetted parts||PTFE, PEEK, SS, VITON or Kalrez|
|Standard Resonance Frequency sensitivity||~2 x 10-1 Hz|
|Standard Dissipation Sensitivity in Liquid||~ 1 x 10-7|
|Mass Sensitivity in Liquid||≤ 1 ng/ cm2|
|Sensor Crystal||5 MHz, AT-cut, modular sensor holder accommodates
either 14 mm or 1” inch diameter crystals
See more details inQCM sensor datasheets.
|BioSense|| Universal software platform for OWLS, QCM & EC measurements
See more details in BioSense datasheet.
|Import/Export of the measured data||Between separate BioSense software and export to third party software
Excel, JPG, BPM, WMF etc.
|PC Requirement||USB 2.0, works with MS Windows® 7 or 8 or 10|
|Supply Voltage||DC power supply with universal input voltage from
100V to 240V AC & 50 to 60 Hz.