With the experience of successfully building the first prototypes of the new instrument, SITA GmbH was founded in 1996. SITA stands for the Greek letters SIgma and TheTA – the ISO symbols for surface tension and temperature – two characteristics of liquids and now also the sign for innovative, easy to use instrumentation from Germany. In 1998 we introduced our first instrument, the SITA online f10, to the market. This instrument won the German Innovation Award of the Saxon Metal and Electro Industries. Our second instrument, the SITA online t60, was first presented at the Hanover Trade Fair in 1999 and offers advanced features. In the same year we successfully tested prototypes of an online Process Tensiometer for controlling manufacturing processes in first industrial applications. With our latest development, the SITA Foam Tester R-2000, which we first presented at the Hanover Trade Fair in 2000, we extended our product range to an instrument which enables you to test the foam kinetics of water-based surfactant solutions. This instrument works fully automatic and gives highly repeatable results.
You Want a Measuring Problem Solved?
We are Looking for a Challenge!
Although measuring surface tension is well established in the laboratories, our mobile and easy to use instruments’ field of application is much larger. We co-operate with you in the application of our instruments in order to help you find new solutions for your measuring or control problems. Together we can find new ways of improving your quality control, process control, and new product development, or help to optimize your manufacturing process.
Our satisfied customers include the following:
- Unilever Research; Netherlands (metal cleaning)
- Henkel KGaA; Germany (R&D textile cleaning and detergents)
- Goldschmidt AG; Essen, Germany (surfactant based paint additives)
- Bundesdruckerei GmbH; Berlin, Germany (optimization of printing processes)
- Miele & Cie. GmbH & Co.; Gütersloh, Germany (appliances)
- Océ; Netherlands (body care)
- BASF Drucksysteme GmbH; Stuttgart, Germany (printing)
- Bosch Siemens Hausgeräte; Regensburg, Germany (appliances)
- Electrolux-Zanussi; Italy (appliances)
- Cognis Deutschland GmbH; Düsseldorf, Germany (body care)
- Proquimia S.A.; Spain (manufacturing of detergents)
- Roche Diagnostics; Penzberg, Germany (pharmaceuticals)
- Tego Chemie Service; Essen, Germany (silicone chemistry)
- Sonax GmbH & Co.; Neuburg, Germany (automobile care)
- Fraunhofer Institut für Schicht- und Oberflächentechnik;
- Braunschweig, Germany (R&D)
- various Universities in Germany (R&D)